There is a fresh interview from today (June 24) with Africa Oil´s Chief Operating Officer Nick Walker who was present at the Oil Council Africa Assembly 2014.
- “The best is yet to come”
- 20-25 wells to be drilled this year
- Will evaluate funding options at the end of this year (then no PP with OMX listing)
- Funded through half of 2015
- 11 basins to be drilled (1-2 billion barrels of oil potential from each)
- Lokichar alone will probably yield 1.6 to 3.5 Billion barrels of oil
- Positive on political and security risk mitigation going forward (including contracts)
- Kenyan government extremly bent on fast development
- Focus is on maximizing shareholder value
Clip can be found here.